Monday, July 18, 2022

52Frames Silhouette

It’s been a while since we visited the National Gallery of Art. And with this week’s 52frames photo challenge it sounded like a good idea to find some “silhouette” options there. We got a great parking space right on the National Mall by the American Indian Museum and headed over to the newly reopened East Building. The skylight roof was absolutely spectacular after many months of work. We found some silhouettes in the galleries with the new exhibits America and Doubles. Then we passed through the light tunnel that the connects to the west building, then the waterfalls and the gift shop. I always love walking through the more traditional and classic pieces regardless of the real reason we are there. Out of all the possibilities a most unlikely image emerged as the clear winner this week. It was one of my husband walking down the steps in to the light. It could have been anywhere. But there was another one I really liked too. It was of a visitor standing in front of the artwork. Since I post all of the options on Instagram I like to see which ones get the most traffic. Knowing that and asking my husband which one he prefers helps me to decide which one to upload. Since my camera is my old iPhone the photos will never be as good as the real contenders. But it’s a great way to get out of the house - with a specific purpose in mind. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment