Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Damp Rid Moisture Absorber

I don’t remember having to deal with humidity and moisture so much before. We have a Dyson air purifier/humidifier that requires a very expensive filter at least once a year. In the winter the humidifier goes in to overdrive and I’m constantly filling the tank. We also turn on the AprilAir but it doesn’t seem to do much. The humidifier is off now and the dehumidifier is running now. It’s amazing how much moisture is collected in such short periods of time. We have another small dehumidifier in the bathroom. Both of them require electric outlets. I have two other small dehumidifier type items that supposedly take the moisture out of closets and small spaces. I’m not sure how well they work. Once the orange indicator turns green you need to plug it it to regenerate to the baseline state. So when I saw the DampRid add on TV I was intrigued to see if it might do a better job in the main closet - not that I think it necessarily needs to be there but would be sort of an experiment to see if it actually does anything. So I ordered the DampRid and got it set up which was easy enough. Now we’ll sit and wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. It sort of smells like the old moth balls, but less intense. It just seems like there are too many gadgets to manage the tiny 1,000 square foot condo we live in. You would think that the HVAC system would handle most of this? Maybe in the old days. 












No comments:

Post a Comment