Saturday, July 9, 2022

Eufy RoboVac Beeping

It’s one of the best home products we have. The Eufy RoboVac does the job for our 1000 square foot condo. The best part is that is can travel under furniture and do a decent vacuuming. We got it when we lived on Capitol Hill so it’s over four years now. And of course nothing lasts forever. The other day it started beeping out of nowhere - four beeps with a red light blinking - as it was being charged. It got so annoying that I had to remove it from the charging station. I checked the manual to troubleshoot and nothing made sense. The rotating brush worked just fine. And the machine actually worked after it was charged but I couldn’t keep it on the charging station because the beeping would start all over again. And it would eventually lose the charge off the station. The big issue was the beeping. So I got on the website and had a chat. She recommended that I disconnect the battery, wait five minutes, and reconnect the battery. Of course that didn’t work. She then said that a new battery might be the only solution. I don’t know how long rechargeable batteries are supposed to last but that may be my only recourse. I’ll need to see if the machine will still operator correctly next time and decide from that point. We have taken such good care of this unit. It would be a shame to get a new one without trying the battery replacement first. I guess we will find out sooner than later - for $30. 














No comments:

Post a Comment