Tuesday, July 12, 2022

52frames Negative Space Photo Challenge

This week’s photo challenge subject was negative space. It’s not one of my favorites. I was scratching my head to figure out some options. The spider “sculpture” crawling on the wall was one thought. But it looked staged. The image with the wooden bird also looked phony. So we took a ride in to DC and parked at the Tidal Basin. Then we walked over to Constitution Gardens - a very secluded and lovely park in the middle of the urban jungle. Along the way I got a couple photos of the Washington Monument. Walking along the path towards the island we came across a goose with her brood and a great blue heron hiding in the in greens. We see more wildlife in the city than the suburbs. What struck my fancy was the floating branch on the pond. That ended up being the entry for the week. But I also liked to two girls who were eating cupcakes while walking along the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool. Each week brings a challenge that makes us get out of the house. Just for that reason and a morning walk it’s worth doing. Any change of scenery is needed these days. 












No comments:

Post a Comment