Monday, September 5, 2022

52Frames Edited by Someone Else

I didn’t care very much for last week’s photo challenge. There was no specific subject - except that whatever the photo that was going to be submitted had to be edited by someone else. So determining what the photo should be was already a problem. It could be anything. For whatever reason it’s easier to focus when it’s more specific. Additionally you needed to find someone to edit whatever it is you take. So of course I asked our friend who got me interested in the weekly photo challenges two years ago. And I would edit his. So it began with some images from the neighborhood park. But I wanted something a bit more dramatic. So we went back to Constitution Gardens near the Washington Monument. The last time we were there I got a lot of really nice pond images with cloud reflections and crisp images. Unfortunately this was a cloudless day so it was a bit disappointing. But the heron that rules the roost there was found under the willow tree. Without a telephoto lens you can’t really get very close. And, because of where he was I had to shoot in to the sun which never makes for a great photo. So I sent three images for editing and they were returned to me in a different format than I would have imagined. I selected the best of the three and hopefully it will get some notice.  That’s the idea of the challenge this week - seeing your work as viewed from someone else’s imagination. It always looks different than what you thought it would be. 








No comments:

Post a Comment