Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Editing Photos for Someone Else

There are all sorts of programs that edit photos. I still use the program that is already available on iPads and iPhones. It generally does a good job. But I also use the Camera+ App and sometimes the Focus app. Since all of my photos are taken with my iPhone everything is very handy. Recently I had to edit someone else’s photos for the weekly photo challenge that I belong to. That was actually the challenge. So he sent me three photos. And I sent him three photos. I took a lot of time getting them all just right. For whatever reason none of them seemed very crisp or clear in spite of the fact that he has an iPhone13 that takes better photos than my iPhone 6Plus. Because none of them were that great he sent me another one. So I tried again and added a filter to give the image some interest. I wasn’t thrilled with any of them. When I received mine I was struck by the way someone else interprets what I would have imagined. In the end it is an interesting exercise. Now it will be interesting to see if I - and he - get more or less comments based on someone else’s work. In the end it’s all about the imagination behind the photo and less about the editing? I guess we will find out. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment