Saturday, September 24, 2022

iPhone 14 ProMax Setup

My current iPhone is an 8plus. My husband’s is a 6plus. We were having charging issues with his and we’re waiting for it to crash. Now it can no longer be updated with the new operating system. Whenever I get a new phone he inherits my old one. Because I do a weekly photo challenge, I was waiting for the iPhone camera to improve to a degree that made a difference because I didn’t want to buy a camera. The iPhone is my camera. Last year I decided to wait until this year to upgrade. I can’t believe it’s been six generations since the last time. I’ve always been in to gadgets so was looking forward to the new option. So I preordered the phone and it arrived this week. Before that I was checking the internet to see if anyone was having issues. I’m glad I read about the fact that the old phone needed to be updated to iOS 16 because that’s the only way you could do the esim cell phone transfer. But I was also concerned due to the glitches of iOS 16 and that my hearing aids may not pair with the new update. Anyway, I was taking several deep breaths before I started the process. And to my astonishment it went seamlessly and since then I haven’t had any issues to speak of - or that I know about. I had also ordered the bandolier case that I love to accommodate this new phone. The huge difference are the camera lenses. I have set up a phone at home before but that was many years ago. I didn’t have any problems setting up my iPad that I use for my digital art. Luckily we have an Apple Store just down the street and I’ve always had great experiences chatting with the help desk. I’m glad the charger from my old phone works with this phone because the charger that came with the new phone doesn’t work - I prefer a universal usb cable and this came with a size that doesn’t fit any of my plugs. Anyway what could have been a dreadful experience actually went very well thanks to iCloud. I’m continually amazed by technology and can only imagine what lies ahead.  Now I need to explore all the features on the new phone. Getting rid of duplicate photos is a great addition!



























No comments:

Post a Comment