Monday, September 26, 2022

52Frames One Light Source

Lately I haven’t been thrilled about the subject matter for the 52Frames photo challenge. This week was “one light source.” I wasn’t feeling very creative so we took a ride to Old Town Alexandria to maybe get some ideas. I think my problem was the light source rather than a subject being lit by the light source. The tunnel was interesting but probably didn’t do the trick. And I have used that location before. The spaces in between the houses didn’t work either. The light shining on the front doors and shutters was very pretty, but not quite right. I though the golden retrievers taking a nap was cute, but there was too much going on. The gas lights were great as a single source of light, but they weren’t shining on anything in the daylight. Then I tried a few things around the house - a plant, a vase, a pear brandy bottle. Nothing really looked very good. Then the sunlight was hitting the dining room mirror as it does at this time of the year and the cascading light created rainbows on the wall. So I stood in the shadows and the light hit my glasses and the rainbows could be seen further along the wall. If nothing else it was an interesting option. When I put all of the images on instagram this photo got the most attention. I actually preferred the pear brandy glass container and shadow but it was the least liked image! The self portrait probably isn’t the best photo I’ve taken, but it took a lot of effort! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment