Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Facebook Gray Account

I got a threatening notice from Facebook the other day. It said that I own a gray account and it would be eliminated next month. I have had a Facebook business page for about ten years for LITDigitalart business. The first one - LIT Digitalart and Such - was set up using my personal account, but I didn’t like everything that was added to the business page showing up on my personal page. So I set up LIT Digital Paintings, using my art email address, to work around that and have updated it daily since that time. Well, that is now called a gray account. So I searched the internet trying to find out if I could save my art page and spent hours fooling around with it. I’m still not sure if I resolved the issue. After struggling with instructions and sheer determination I was able to add myself as the admin to my page. I even sent a message to Facebook to see if they could preserve the page I wanted and delete the other one. What I do know is that when I use my personal account I can search on the menu and go to pages. My art page is listed. When I look at roles I show up as the admin and also as an editor. I guess I will find out in October if it worked. At this point in time it hardly matters. But there is almost a ten year history on the page. And that’s something I would miss. 












No comments:

Post a Comment