Saturday, September 3, 2022

Constitution Gardens Heron

When we first saw him there earlier in the summer we were really excited. The big blue heron sitting in the island in the constitution garden pond took us by surprise. There he was sitting there with the Washington Monument behind him. I thought it was a one of a kind affair. These were the times I wish I had a telephoto lens! Then we walked through the serene area again mid summer and he was there. This past week I needed to get a photo for the challenge this week. I wasn’t thinking about him - but more about the pond and whatever reflected in it. As we were walking the usual path we were again surprised - but not so much this time - to see him sitting on the opposite side. There he was with the ducks sitting under the willow. So we got up as close as we could. I think he’s used to people gawking at him as he is a sight to see. As he reached the edge of the island he took off to get as far away from us as possible. I took continuous photos as he flew hoping to get something meaningful. I didn’t. But it was wonderful to see him all the same. And on our way out of the gardens he took his usual place among the greens.

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment