Sunday, September 25, 2022

The Queen’s Funeral

It’s been almost a week since the Queen’s funeral. It feels like such a long time ago. That’s funny because the ceremonies lasted for such a long time. Although it was sad, it was also a great diversion from the routine news these days. And for people like us who love everything British the pomp and circumstances were extraordinary. Yes it was a bit overkill, but there was something else going on. It was the end of an era. I couldn’t help but think of my own mother who died almost three years ago at the same age as the queen. As people who lived for all of those years they had a lot of shared experiences. I was going to major in history before I switched over to nursing of all things! I also prefer non fiction books and biographies to fiction and mystery and other worldly subjects. Whenever special events occur I used to save the magazine covers and newspaper clippings. Now I take screen shots of extraordinary news. During the viewings of the proceedings I took a few photos of whatever was playing on tv. And there were times when I got teary eyed - any my husband did too. I’m glad we both “enjoy” pretty much the same types of shows and programs. That was one of those once in a lifetime events. And we didn’t want to miss it. I’m glad we had the opportunity to visit England three times. It makes these events all the more endearing. 























No comments:

Post a Comment