Friday, September 23, 2022

The Able Archers Book Event

We love going to book events at the Library of Congress. When I worked there for ten years my husband would oftentimes meet me at lunch time or after work to attend any number of events. And since I retired it is always a pleasant experience to wander about the beautiful Jefferson Building and enjoy the surroundings. So when we learned a resident in our building had written a book, we were looking forward to attending the event that would be held in our building. We ordered the book “The Able Archers” beforehand and were hoping to get an autograph at the end of the session. What was nice is that we didn’t have to fight the traffic and find a parking space on Capitol Hill. Our commute was about two minutes to the meeting room. There were several people in attendance. It was very interesting to learn about the process and the general story line. Obviously the author, Brian Morra, is very well versed in the subject matter and has a remarkable background. We had met both he and his wife at a gathering a couple of years ago mid Covid and he said he was writing a book. There is also a contract for a movie or series. That must be so exciting! I’m always impressed by anyone who has written and published. My three children’s books that I wrote and also illustrated were self published on Amazon after the more than I can count rejections I received. What was more interesting was that the author knows a friend of mine from Florida State - only two degrees of separation! I had a feeling he would know him based on the subject matter of military fiction. It was a great opportunity to hear our neighbor talk about his book. He’s planning on about six or seven in all. And his has a wonderful support system in his wife. 












No comments:

Post a Comment