Monday, September 12, 2022

52Frames Golden Hour Photo Challenge

The subject for the weekly photo challenge was “golden hour.” I didn’t care for it because we like to use our morning walks for the opportunity to take the photos. Getting up at sunrise was impossible because I am definitely not a morning person. Aside from that the weather last week was overcast, rainy, and downright ugly so the opportunities were almost nonexistent for late afternoon images - until one day the clouds finally broke for a minute or two. So I tried taking a couple of images in the house. The sun hits the dining room mirror during the spring and early fall so that the beams strike objects in the house creating rainbows and a very different lighting. Then on Saturday the afternoon was finally nice enough to try and catch something outside on the balcony - it was too late in the day and week to try and get something spectacular in town. By then my interest for the challenge had waned. The orange zinnias were striking in the golden light, but I liked the shadows of the zinnias against the brick wall more. I’ve been doing the weekly photo challenge for almost two years now. Some subjects are more interesting than others. Now I am looking forward to taking photos with my new iPhone whenever it arrives. It’s better than carrying around a camera and makes things so much easier. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment