Monday, October 3, 2022

52Frames Letters Photo Challenge

The subject for the 52Frames photo challenge for this week was “letters.” So we drove in to Capitol Hill and thought the Yards Park area might be a good place to start. We passed by some torn up signs on the lamp posts that looked interesting and passed by a fire engine and the transportation department. There was a huge tractor wheel that could go for an “O.” The water department is a glass structure made of blue and green colors and the water sign out front met the requirements. The Frederick Douglass Bridge had a “V” shape; and the benches by the ball park looked like an “L.” Of course there are Washington Nationals signs all over but I still didn’t find what I was looking for. A restaurant sign looked like it could be either z’s or n’s. The stencil shaped “YARDS” sign in front of the park had too much going on in the background. One of these images would have worked, but I kept thinking about the letter “B” I needed to find somewhere in the house. It was my cheerleading letter with my name on it. Then I started digging around for things that could be used to create a flat lay display in the black and gold color scheme - a cheerleading charm, my high school class ring, some photographs, cheer buttons, and a football program that cost twenty five cents. These items would all be arranged on top of the gold yearbook. I decided to submit this photo because it took a lot of work to put all of the pieces together. It was also a trip down memory lane. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment