Tuesday, October 11, 2022

52Frames Rule of Odds Photo Challenge

The 52Frames photo challenge for this week was “rule of odds.” I didn’t have anything particular in mind except just to keep my eyes open and hope that something that was three, five, or seven objects might appear. The samovar, candlesticks, and greens atop the tv bookshelves was obvious and ended up being the image I chose. But I kept looking for other options during the week. We ended up walking in the mall on a rainy day and the knotted shirtsleeves in the window looked interesting, but my husband didn’t care for it. In the neighborhood park were the obvious tree trunks, three people walking along the path, and the three random leaves on the bridge. We drove in to town and parked on the National mall. The seven bicycle riders in front of the Capitol was good, but the people weren’t really the subject. My husband with two other people in front of the National gallery of art sculpture was just okay. I also really liked the three people walking down the stairs in the gallery. The three people sitting in front of Napoleon’s portrait could have worked. And at the last minute when we were walking back to the car three crows were standing together on the sidewalk as though they were off to the races. I liked that one a lot, but it wasn’t particularly clear. It seems every time I post my preferred photo on the website I have misgivings - but I rarely change it because I think I would feel the same anyway. It’s been two years since I started this weekly challenge and my images have actually been selected twice in the top 52 for the week. It is a bit encouraging but I’m never really sure what they are after. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment