Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Hinge Health

I’m not sure what I got myself in to. I like gadgets and I like staying in good health. My health insurance has offered preventative programs - for free. I signed up for a BP program and shortly after I received the BP cuff and downloaded the app it was discontinued. So I was sent another email from another vendor associated with my health plan. I signed up for it and they said I didn’t meet the criteria? Why did they send me the invitation? I got another email invitation this week - this time for physical therapy and exercise. We already walk at least two miles a day, but my right knee and lower back oftentimes hurt but not enough to cause any problems. But I would like to avoid them getting any worse. My lower back only hurts after I sleep on my back at night. Of course it was my favorite position. There is also some discomfort when bending forward. So I decided to give it a try. I was immediately enrolled and downloaded the app. Then you fill in a questionnaire. You could only write in one area of difficulty so I started with the back. A set of exercises is set up and you then follow along after viewing how to do it, then you do it. Some of the moves bothered my knee which doesn’t help. After that bit I got a text message from the assigned “coach.” After competing a second set of exercises a second day the coach was right there asking how it went. It is encouraged to do minimally three times per week. They will also be sending sensors to see if you are doing the exercises correctly. It all sounds interesting and creepy at the same time. I already do a half hour set of exercises Monday through Friday. I suppose I will just add this bit in with that. I suppose it’s good to try and stay ahead of the game but I don’t want it to be so intrusive that I stop all together. We’ll see how it goes.  












No comments:

Post a Comment