Saturday, October 22, 2022

iPhone 14 Pro Max Raw Photos

I waited for the iPhone 14 pro max to come out this year specifically for the camera enhancements. I was going to get the 13 last year but decided to wait after reading about what was to come. My old phone is an 8 plus. My husband always gets my old phone whenever I upgrade. His 6 plus is still behaving after we thought the battery was about to go - which was another reason to get a new phone. I’ve been involved in a weekly photo challenge over the last two years and my camera is my phone. I don’t want to carry around another device so the iPhone 14 camera definitely has improved the images. I haven’t used it very much but there is an option to take RAW photos. I don’t know much about the lingo, but they are very large files and have so many megapixels that when you do need to crop an image, it doesn’t get as pixelated. You need to allow the RAW option in settings and turn it on and off very consciously. So I tried to see what the difference would be by taking photos of my husband sitting in the chair reading. And there definitely is an improvement. The overall skin texture is quite different. Then I took a few photos of the Capitol building yesterday. I also use the camera plus app to edit the photo and there are a lot of adjustments that can be made. I don’t really know what I am doing but tried adjusting the exposure to create a high-key look. The sad thing about my photos is that I use iCloud to save them and if I adjust one on my iPad, it adjusts the photos on my phone too - so I lose the “original” image. I have learned a lot by being involved in the 52Frames photo challenges and have become familiar with terms I never knew before. Having a specific subject in mind also makes for better photos rather than random shots I take for this blog. I’ve always liked taking photos for as long as I can remember. It’s a great hobby and gives us a reason and the opportunity to drive in to town in search of the best ideas to get an image. I’ve actually had two of my photos highlighted as the top 52! That’s quite an accomplishment because I use an iPhone and there are usually 3000 plus entries every week. All of what I know and learn is self taught so I’m always looking to improve. I’m glad I got the new iPhone for this reason alone. Now I heard that the iPhone 15 will have a zoom lens. That’s just not fair! 








No comments:

Post a Comment