Thursday, October 13, 2022

CVS Flu Vaccine

My poor arm has been stuck so many times in the last two years. Five Covid shots and boosters - the last one was in September for the combo omicron/original. We didn’t get the flu shot at the same time because getting the flu shot in October is a better idea. Hearing about the widespread flu possibility was one reason, but we have been getting flu shots for as long as I can remember. Working in health care had something to do with that. But the Library of Congress also offered the flu shots when I worked there. Since I retired we have been getting the flu shots at Giant along with grocery shopping. We filled out the forms beforehand. But when we brought them in this week there wasn’t enough staff to do it. So we decided to schedule the shot with CVS. We had just done the same with the Covid booster and it was pretty seamless. So we scheduled the shot for yesterday afternoon. The communication via email and text is great; I was able to schedule both my husband and myself together, and all of the required paperwork is filled in on line. You get a reminder to show up, let them know when you arrived in store via text, and we were taken care of immediately. And as a bonus we got two five dollar off coupons. I am surprised that our arms aren’t as sore - it’s nothing compared to the Covid shots. We even slept better than usual last night. Anyway, the systems are set up now to make things so much easier. I could set up an account on the giant pharmacy app, but our insurance prefers that we use CVS anyway. I’m just glad we are through with shots now - at least for the next few months. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment