Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Happy Birthday Dad

We share the same birthdate but a different month. It was way back in 1919 when my dad was born. He always liked the fall months and he and my mom would visit us in the Midwest for the color. My dad was a very quiet man but he provided for his family and made sure we all went to college. That’s the one thing I remember well. Any money we got or collected went in to the bank account for college. I don’t remember having to go without and we went on family vacations. And I learned the lesson that you don’t buy something if you can’t pay if for. He came from a very poor background, lived through the depression, was in WWII sand Korea. He loved the water and in his retirement years went on a lot of cruises. You could say he was your average Joe. And for that I am forever thankful. Happy Birthday Dad! 












No comments:

Post a Comment