Friday, October 14, 2022

Ecobulbs for the Bathroom

It used to be when a lightbulb went out it was easily replaced. We used to keep a lot of replacement bulbs around just for that purpose. But these days the light fixtures and bulbs that are required are not the old fashioned kind. Above the sink in the bathroom are two fixtures that have a very different stem. The bulbs do not screw in, they twist in, using two metal parts. Of course one of them went out this week and we didn’t have a replacement. So we took the bulb with us and went to the neighborhood hardware store. We found something similar and bought two - even though these bulbs are supposed to last for years. This brand says eight years. We have lived in this house over three years and have already had to replace two of these long lasting lights. I think the replacement soft light bulb wasn’t as bright as the other one that was replaced last year. My husband can’t tell the difference but I notice everything. So it will have to do since the bulbs cost $8.00 each. Now we have a bunch of the old fashioned bulbs that we still can use in the old fashioned lamps. We have a halogen lamp in the dining room that is even worse to change out - it may look like an interesting fixture but it certainly isn’t worth the effort to change. I burned my thumb on it one time and we broke the socket another time. Everything is getting more complicated. I used to think I could keep up with all of it. Now I’m not so sure. 












No comments:

Post a Comment