Monday, October 17, 2022

52Frames Shoot Through Something Photo Challenge

Some weeks are harder than others. I belong to a weekly photo challenge and usually take several images and then edit them. Both my husband and I then discuss which one should be uploaded to the site. He tends to go for the subject matter rather than the photography; I try to think about what I think is the most artistic and what the “judges” might like. I also post the photos on instagram to see what gets the most attention. Lately I’ve been following 52Frames photographers on instagram to see which images they prefer thinking they also know what the subject matter is. But it never fails. Every week I prefer one photo and my husband prefers another. The subject this week was “shoot through something.” It started in the neighborhood park where there were a couple of good nature images. Then we went in to town to the Lincoln Memorial and I took several photos of the Korean War Memorial, from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, at Constitution Gardens, and the Washington Monument. Later in the week we drove in to Old Town Alexandria because I knew the seasonally decorated streets would be decked out for Halloween. Aside from the waterfront photos, we ventured to the place of skeletons and ghouls and the Wicked Witch of the West. We also met the guy who creates the Wizard of Oz adventure every year. So it was between the Wicked Witch and the view of the reflecting pool and beyond from the Lincoln Memorial steps. The witch won - but I’m sure the other one would have had a better chance. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment