Monday, October 10, 2022

Hinge Health Sensors

Last week I signed up for hinge health. It’s a preventative exercise/physical therapy program recommended by our health plan. We walk every morning but I thought this might be interesting because I like gadgets and the programs are tailored to reduce/relieve pain. I happen to have it in several spots but decided to start with the lower back. It only bothers me after sleeping in my back and if I lean forward. So I downloaded the app and followed the directions. Along with the app come sensors that you strap in your upper chest and lower back. As you exercise the sensors inform you if you are in the green zone. Also you are connected to a physical therapist that you can chat with. After each round they ask how you are feeling and there are articles to read. There is also a support group if you do desire. I’m not really in to it that much but find the whole process intriguing. Since my right knee is also sore some if the exercises stress it, and there are other options you can follow. What seems like minor movements has resulted in sore muscles - so it’s obviously doing something. So I will try to do this but about three times a week before my usual thirty minute workout in the afternoon. That workout is listening to music and moving around - obviously nothing extravagant. This program is free and probably a good idea for anyone who doesn’t like going to a gym or physical therapist. The sensors are rechargeable and I’m sure the routines will become more grueling. I also joined a program about heart health because if my family history - but that one is a clinical study and you can make some picket change by participating. I suppose being in health care myself gets me interested. 














2 comments:

  1. was the heart health program part of Hinge too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response! No, the cardiac program was a separate app - and that study ended last year.

      Delete