Thursday, October 6, 2022

An Assortment of Things

This is the first time that I don’t have anything in particular to say. There is usually something going on that captures my attention. So I thought about not doing an entry today but decided that wasn’t a good idea since this exercise is good for the brain and for the soul. Since this is a photo blog I thought maybe an assortment of photos that haven’t been used for any story might turn in to something interesting. Getting the right brand and type of razor is really important - they are quite expensive. So it was noted before we ordered them on Amazon at a cheaper price than the grocery store. We came across two deer on the sidewalk during a Sunday drive. I wanted to get closer but they disappeared before we could get a better shot. The gorgeous sunset from the bedroom window was simply captivating. The cattails were shimmering in the sunshine in front of the US Botanic Garden. I’m not sure why that horse “sculpture” is on the grounds of the garden shop in our neighborhood but it was an unexpected surprise. Then there was a lovely bouquet at the entry of a restaurant in Tysons Mall - we passed by them on a morning walk on a rainy day. My husband always looks so debonair whenever I take his photo - this one on the balcony. Then there’s the fruit we have every morning for breakfast - grapes, watermelon. melon, and blueberries. We eat whatever is in season and have more fruit as an after dinner snack. The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum partially reopens this month with timed passes. But the other side of the museum is still under construction. And lastly, the shadows of the sculpture caught my attention at the National Gallery of Art. In the end it was a varied collection of people, places and things. I guess that’s what life is all about. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment