Saturday, October 1, 2022

Evening Sky Drama

When we moved to northern Virginia over three years ago from Capitol Hill, one of the requirements was that the balcony face the west. I absolutely love the evening sky and really dislike the bright light in the morning. My husband is a morning person. I wish I was but I’m just not. So it is with great anticipation that I look forward to that time of the day. The last few evenings have been more than fantastic. There are two times during the year as the seasons change to fall and spring that the sun hits the dining room mirror and rainbows of light cascade all over the house. Outside the sky color is simply lovely. Whenever the temperatures and weather permit we also like to sit outside and play games on my iPad. Or, during the later afternoon we will just sit outside to enjoy the pleasantness around us and have a conversation. We are never outside for a morning cup of coffee! During the week there is a lot more traffic, foot traffic, and activity that is observed from above. On the weekend it’s almost too quiet. These next few days will be wet, cold and dreary due to hurricane Ian but we are so thankful that we didn’t have to deal with that. Having grown up in Florida I would never, ever live near the water. My poor mom had to be evacuated to higher ground after having hip surgery a few years ago. It’s nerve wracking to know people affected by such catastrophic events. So we hope to continue to enjoy our views from our little balcony. We don’t ask for much. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment