Friday, October 7, 2022

Facebook Grey Account Fixed?

After reading about and then struggling over it for several hours, I am hoping that I was able to preserve my business Facebook page. I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying that the grey account would be deleted if certain steps weren’t taken. I set up my LITDigitalart Page separate from my personal account in 2012 because I wanted to keep business information separate. The original Digital Art and Such page wasn’t used any more. It’s not like I get a lot of attention on this grey account page but it does have a history and it’s been ten years! A couple of days ago I received a notice on the “revised” grey account page that it would be transitioning over to the new layout in three days. I’m not sure I would have received that notice if my page was going to be deleted. So I read up about the new layout which started over a year ago and is now circulating around to the rest of us. After assigning myself as the admin I am now able to toggle among my personal site, original business page, and this digitalart page. Now I’m thinking I would like to delete the original business page because it is useless and very old with no updates since 2012 and no longer reflects my business. So far I have chosen to ignore it but I really don’t want anyone to look at it anymore. I rarely use the personal Facebook anymore but I do post at least one photo every day on the business page - either a pet portrait or an image from a morning walk or something I might want to consider for the weekly 52Frames photo challenge. I think the drop dead date to fix the grey account is October 15. Hopefully all the time I spent reconfiguring the requested items worked. 












No comments:

Post a Comment