Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Washington Radiology Associates

Today I got my mammogram results in the mail. This year was unusual in that the order to have it done was messed up, so what is usually a diagnostic test turned in to a screening test. That means that the radiologist does not look at or tell you the results right after the exam. Last year, several additional views needed to be taken for a suspicious spot. And that ordeal was very unnerving. You see your life flash in front of you, thinking of the worst. And we know too much, as my husband is a retired surgeon and I am a nurse. The actual exam was last Thursday, and the thought of having to go back for more views has been in the back of my mind since then. Luckily, it was normal, and I can breathe a sigh of relief. One of our friends just had to undergo some tests for a potential problem, and that turned out okay too. We all have something to celebrate because we should know that life is really too short, and should appreciate every healthy day. It doesn't matter where you live.

I ripped the letter open before I walked in the door

No comments:

Post a Comment