Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Amazon Merch Yorkshire Terrier T-shirt

I’ve been painting custom pet portraits using my iPad for the last several years. I opened an Etsy shop, followed by A Fine Art America/Pixels Shop, followed by Zazzle and Redbubble. The main difference is having to paint the portrait while working closely with a customer compared to selling my already created images on a variety of products on various websites. The last shop I opened was on Amazon a couple of months ago. It’s called Amazon Merch and the name of my shop is LITs Pooches, Kitties and Other Sweet Faces. It took me quite a while to figure out how to upload the images because everything I do is on an iPad. That doesn’t always translate well when a desktop is required for some programs. The audience for dogs and other paintings is in the millions around the world. So when I got my first sale on Amazon I was really pleased that someone out there noticed my image enough to want to purchase it on a T-shirt. It seems that black labs are a favorite, followed by bulldogs. I now have 100 images loaded on T-shirts, hoodies, and sweatshirts. So last week I was even more pleased that someone liked a Yorkshire Terrier image enough to want a T-shirt. My commission on any of these items is tiny, but the joy I feel knowing someone liked my paintings is priceless. It also takes a lot of marketing and social media campaigning to get the word out. It’s basically a full time job - but it’s a fun “hobby” in retirement. I’m glad I don’t have to make a living on it, but that wasn’t the point to begin with anyway. So thanks for noticing my work - I really appreciate it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment