Saturday, September 8, 2018

Flowers for Surgery and Birthdays

I’ve been ordering a lot of flowers lately. Since my mom, who lives in Florida, can’t manage some of these more tedious things due to her eyesight, I try to help long distance whenever I can. And since everything is on line, it makes it very easy. This month happens to be birthdays for two important people in her life. So before I order anything, I suggest a few options to her by sending emails with photos. It usually takes a few back and forths, but it is easy enough. So I thought that would be it for awhile. Well, last Friday my mom was admitted to the hospital for a few days for medical reasons and went home last Tuesday. She wasn’t in much distress and the stay was uneventful. Yesterday she landed in the emergency room again with a fractured ankle and she will be having surgery today. She had a very uncomfortable night and was in distress. I know her favorite colors are lavender and purple, so I ordered a bouquet that hopefully will arrive by the time she gets back to her room. It’s been a rough few years for my ninety five year old mom. My dad died three years ago; she fractured one hip two years ago, and the other hip last year - both in August and with hurricane problems to boot. Now this happens. We are considering what we,  my siblings, and our wonderful caregiving neighbors need to do going forward to help her as much as we can. Until that happens I hope the flowers are a diversion. 




No comments:

Post a Comment