Saturday, September 29, 2018

AirMax Nasal Device

My husband has what he thinks are allergies. It results in a stuffed nose that makes it difficult to sleep. He can’t take any medications for it because they interfere with his glaucoma eye drops. So we have tried a few different things including nose strips and a device that is inserted in the nose to expand it. The Sleep Rite Splintek intra nasal breathe aid seems to work okay, but last about a month. But before I reordered them we checked out other options. I came across an item called AirMax nasal dilator. I ordered it and my husband gave it a try. It’s basically a plastic device that does the same thing as the Sleep Rite item, but it is supposed to last for ninety days. The problem was it only came in two sizes - small and medium. I had a feeling the medium would be too small. But when he tried it out, he said it felt like it actually did some good. So we would find out by the next day. Well, as was expected, the thing didn’t even stay in his nose. It fell out during the night. So I guess you would call it a total fail. Maybe if it came in a larger size? All I know is when his nose is stuffed up, he doesn’t snore. When his nose is open, I can hear the snoring even while wearing ear plugs. In spite of that I wish he could find something that really worked. So I guess it’s back to the Sleep Rite product. What we all wouldn’t give for a good night’s sleep. 












No comments:

Post a Comment