Thursday, September 6, 2018

Jury Duty - Good News!

Since we moved to DC twelve years ago from the Midwest I have been called to jury duty every two years. My husband has also been called as often. On September first I received another summons - exactly two years from the last time - September 1, 2016. The only reason I knew that date was because it was marked in my calendar. So I filled in the required juror information on the website and completed the section of my last date of service. It said in the general information that you “could get disqualified” from the summons if you served within the last two years. So my information was submitted online and a notice said that it would take a few business days to review and consider the request, and to check the website later for the verdict. So yesterday I checked in thinking it would obviously be denied. To my utter amazement, it said I had been disqualified and I was not required to appear. I haven’t been that surprised since we moved here. Perhaps they noticed I have reported at least five times without making any fuss, but I still can’t believe it. My husband received  his summons a week after I got mine last time. If it happens to him, we will try the same maneuver. In the meantime I still can’t believe it, but I have a feeling I’ll be seeing another summons in short order. Stay tuned. 














No comments:

Post a Comment