Saturday, September 15, 2018

Family Reunion in Massachusetts

About a month ago I was really excited to get an invitation to attend a family reunion in Massachusetts for today. It’s been about twenty years since we traveled to Boston and that was for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. So we made reservations and planned to drive to Massachusetts yesterday. Three weeks ago my mom, now 95, was admitted to the hospital, sent home after four days, then readmitted after twisting her foot and fracturing her ankle. She had surgery with pins and screws last Saturday and was supposed to go to the rehab center in Monday. But things didn’t turn out that way. She’s having more medical issues which are starting to stabilize, but she’s not going anywhere yet. Then the hurricane warnings came that included a state of emergency for the DC area. On top of that, our building is having major renovation work to the foundation that includes ripping up our patio and garden. Not knowing if we would need to take an emergency trip to Florida for my mom, or know the true course of the hurricane, we decided to cancel our trip because it just didn’t feel right, and I was worried and stressed out by all the emergency phone calls I was getting. So here we are - the reunion is taking place and I’m hoping to see a lot of photos. Luckily everything is looking better, I’m finally feeling less stressed, and I’m not sorry about our decision. 








No comments:

Post a Comment