Sunday, September 9, 2018

Gardens and Raindrops

This must be the coolest day we have had in months. And with it comes rain and clouds. I’m not a big fan of wet weather and I can no longer get out of walking in it since I retired. We now have adequate rain gear to keep us mildly dry, although my toes still get wet in “waterproof” walking shoes. But one thing is for certain - photos are always better in this kind of weather, but it’s a pain to try and keep my phone dry at the same time even if it is also supposed to be waterproof. So rather than walk in Union Station because of the heat, we headed towards the Mall. It’s been a long time since we went that way. The gardens around the Smithsonian Castle and galleries were water logged, but still very pretty. The textures and colors are much more obvious. Everything is overgrown, petals are falling to the ground, and signs of fall are all about. It always seems odd when the fountains are running in the rain. We are in for a very soggy week ahead. And there’s not much I can do about it. 































No comments:

Post a Comment