Sunday, September 30, 2018

The Hunt Country Cluster Dog Show at Historic Long Branch in Millwood Virginia

Rather than take our usual morning walk we had breakfast and were ready to head out the door for a little day trip to Millwood, Virginia. I was looking forward to seeing the Hunt Country Cluster Dog Show at the Long Branch House & Farm. We have attended the Middleburg Dog Show a couple of times in Octobers past at the Oatlands Plantation near Leesburg. The setting and time of year was simply lovely. And I had an opportunity to visit with my favorite Borzoi hounds. I had a gut feeling something might be amiss, and I was right when I checked not only the the weather forecast, but the latest information about the event. The weather update included a flood warning for the area - not unexpected for this entire month with all the rain around here. The Potomac River was over the banks yesterday here in DC. The event status stated the Dog Show was cancelled due to saturated grounds. After all, the show is held outdoors and everything would be very muddy. So we obviously didn’t go and decided to take our morning walk at a later time than usual. So I looked for dogs along our path. They weren’t exactly what I had in mind. I suppose I’m glad I checked before we left because I’m sure we would have both been annoyed if we drove all the way over for nothing. It would have been a pretty ride, but the day would have been over by the time we got back home. Now I’ll have to see if another show is scheduled. It must have been disappointing for all the participants. 























No comments:

Post a Comment