Friday, September 14, 2018

Applying for Medicare

A few months ago I signed on to the social security website to avoid missing out on paper mail updates. I also knew I would be needing to sign up for Medicare three months before my birthday and wanted to have things in order. Since I am not yet collecting social security, I wouldn’t automatically start getting Medicare. So yesterday was a good time to check out the Medicare website and sign up. It’s really hard to believe that I am already almost eligible for it. My head still thinks I am a lot younger, as everyone else always feels. Maybe it was that, or a lot of other things going on in my head right now - but it took me forever to finally get to the right place and start an application. I thought I would sign in to my social security page, find the Medicare section, and start there. No, you start with Medicare page, and after the application is complete, you can then check on your my social security page for an update. All I know is that when I was done completing the application I got an email saying they received it, and another email today with instructions on the timeline and how to get a status. If I’m already confused about this, I hope it gets easier once it’s processed. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment