Sunday, September 2, 2018

DC Jury Duty AGAIN

We moved here twelve years ago from the Midwest. I think I was called to jury duty one time in the thirty years we lived there. Without a doubt, you can depend on having jury duty in DC at least every two years. The last time I was summoned was September 1, 2016. And guess what? I got a summons yesterday in the mail - September 1, 2018. Isn’t that just a coincidence? Of course, the date for this summons is for October - just a few days more than the two year opt out option. So I filled in all the required information on line, including the section for the date you last served. When I logged out, it said the court will review the dates of my last service and determine if I am eligible to get excused. I highly doubt it but it’s worth the try - especially since this is the FIFTH time I have to go. Being retired doesn’t make it any easier - in fact it’s more inconvenient because we were just planning some trip options but that’s now on hold. And if it’s anything like the last time, my husband got his summons about a week after I got mine. This is definitely another reason we wouldn’t mind living elsewhere. This is the kind of lottery I don’t like winning. 












No comments:

Post a Comment