Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Retirement Party at the Library of Congress

It’s been a while since I visited the Library of Congress. I worked there for ten years and retired two plus years ago. One of our friends - and my colleague - had a retirement party yesterday. He sent us an invitation and we thought it would be nice to go. We have a few things in common. He went to Florida State, as did I; both of his brothers played Major League Baseball - my brother was drafted by the Orioles; he grew up in West Palm Beach - I grew up on Florida’s east coast; we are about the same age; and we ended up working in the same department at the Library. So we had many morning coffee breaks together and have since become good friends. So my husband and I walked on over after lunch. The affair was in a Congressional Reasearch room on the second floor - the same floor my office was on. From the minute we got there I saw so many familiar faces and I was happy to finally introduce my husband to so many people he had heard about. All I  can say is that it feels so much better visiting than working. And I’m hoping we will see more of Mike now that he’s retired. 






No comments:

Post a Comment