Tuesday, February 23, 2021

52Frames_rollcredits

It was so wonderful to finally get outside last week after being stuck inside due to snow, ice, and freezing rain. So we took a ride to Old Town Alexandria in search of images for the 52Frames photo challenge. Last week was “roll credits,” so that meant finding a scene for the last image of an imaginary movie as the credits roll. Since Old Town has been around since the 1750’s or so, there is always ample opportunity for interesting options. So we parked in the neighborhood and just started walking. From the cobblestone streets to the locks on the doors, to the reflections in the rain water and Potomac River, to the fence posts and garden sculptures, and the tiny alleyways between houses I couldn’t decide which photo I liked the most. So I posted a few on my Facebook Business page to see how many responses I would get. The cobblestone street was the clear winner. So I posted that image on the 52Frames website. But I also posted the photos on Instagram, and the lock on the door had the most activity. So rather than use my or my husband’s best judgement, I decided to go with the door and lock. I didn’t personally like that one, but everyone has a different perspective, and you could say it tells a story. So we’ll see if this image gets any attention. My photos are generally not as good as the real photographers out there, but it’s a great diversion to search and find something that might go along with a specific theme every week. For some reason I think I should stick with my gut. But that hasn’t worked out so well. 

































No comments:

Post a Comment