Saturday, February 6, 2021

LLBean Airlight Slipper Scuffs

It’s been a long time since I got shoes. The only shoes I wear these days are walking shoes - that need to be replaced due to over wear and rips in the seams - and house shoes. My old house shoes were clogs from ancient times. But the thread finally wore out and I found some replacement slippers under twenty dollars. They were perfect. They are totally flat, have no lip on the heel, and can even be washed. But they are slippers - you can’t really walk outside or around the building in them. I’ve learned the hard way that wearing shoes that cover your toes in the house is a no brainer after spraining or breaking toes on furniture. So when I saw the LLBean scuff slippers, they looked exactly what I was looking for. They were more shoe than slipper, and had a solid rubber sole that could withstand being outside. So I ordered a pair. They arrived yesterday in the turquoise color. That in itself was unusual because I never want to draw attention to my size eleven feet. Anyway, they looked okay. But they are too wide for my feet and are cut too high over the top of the foot. I feel like I keep falling out of them which isn’t good for preventing mishaps. They are also not “broken in” and don’t bend upon walking making them a bit too stiff. So I tried bending them in for some “give.” I don’t think it’s going to work. I’m not one for returning things, but I should. Too bad we already threw the box out. Now I’m stuck with these too wide shoes. If I wore socks they would be fine. But I rarely wear socks. I should know better than to order shoes on line. But I didn’t think slippers would be an issue. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment