Friday, February 19, 2021

Washington Monument

We have never been inside of it, but it is probably the most photographed item - aside from the Capitol building. When we lived on Capitol Hill for thirteen years the Capitol was the focal point. We walked by it almost every day. Now the building is barricaded off and you can’t get anywhere near it. Lately we have been spending more time around the west end of the National Mall and the Washington monument. We drove to DC for the weekly 52frames photo challenge where I thought the WWII memorial might have some great options for the single focus shot. But the Washington monument overtook the scene - again - mainly because the skies were such a crisp blue and the sun was hiding just behind it creating a very wide shadow for a tall and thin structure. I ended up using a flock of geese that suddenly flew overhead instead of a favorite photo of the structure. Sometimes I need to listen to my gut instead of my husband! Now I’m starting to post photos on my Facebook business page during the week to see which one gets the most attention, then uploading that image for the weekly challenge. I always liked taking photos before. Now there is a purpose and the outcome seems to be better. And the photo editing helps a lot. There’s only so much you can do with an iPhone, but it’s easy to use and always on hand. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment