Friday, February 5, 2021

Vida KN95 Recycle Masks

Every day we keep hearing that everyone should wear a face mask. We have been wearing them since last March starting with some three layer material from a place in Wisconsin, then Caraa two layer material with filter, Vida two layer material with filter, some surgical masks, and a few KN95’s. As time goes on more and more recommendations are surfacing to double mask, or wear KN95’s. Since most of our masks are already two layers with a “5 layer” filter inside the pocket, one wonders if that is more than enough. Since we have behaved according to recommendations, we don’t want to get the virus NOW. My husband was lucky enough to get his first vaccine with the second dose coming next week. I am still on the wait list. Thanks Virginia. Most of my high school classmates who live in Florida already got theirs too. Something just isn’t fair - especially since I am a retired RN. Anyway, since mask wearing is not going away any time soon, and eventual doctor visits will happen, I just ordered a ten pack of KN95’s from Vida. They tout a recycle program. You use the envelope the masks come in, put in the used masks, and send back to Vida with the enclosed paid sticker. It’s that simple but I sure wish it wasn’t necessary. So we have a variety of masks and wear the appropriate one based on the activity. I know I’m probably going overboard. But in this instance I would rather be safe than sorry. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment