Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Scenic Overlooks Along the GW Parkway

Last week we ventured out to the Lyndon Baines Johnson Memorial Grove. It is located along the GW Parkway. I wanted to get some images for the weekly photo challenge that called for “horizontal lines.” From that vantage point was the Washington monument and the Potomac River. After we walked along the trails, stopped at the Marina, saw the Pentagon and geese, I wanted to try a couple more places before we drove back home. There are two scenic overlooks that “overlook” the Potomac River. On the way there was a view of Georgetown. Further down the road was the first stop. We always see cars parked at these places, but have never been to them ourselves. Honestly, I wasn’t impressed because I was just expecting something else. Maybe it was the season, the weather, the clouds, or maybe the images I tried to capture just didn’t do anything for me. Using an iPhone for my camera does have its limitations. A helicopter flew over but it didn’t really add to the photo. In one direction was Arlington and the tiny Washington Monument beyond and right across was Palisades. I’m glad we stopped, but it certainly didn’t contribute to the horizon challenge. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment