Monday, February 15, 2021

It’s Been a Year

Valentine’s Day was never a big deal in our house. We like to think that every day is Valentine’s Day. Last year I sent a card to my mom, not knowing it would be the last time. My mom passed away the day after, so today marks the first anniversary since her death. It was also the last time we took a trip anywhere. When we returned from Florida the lockdown started shortly thereafter and life has not been the same since. Everyone says things get better as time goes by and that is true. At least now I can talk about her without my voice breaking or tears welling up. Mom was 96 after all. She had a good life and the last year was not very nice. It was hard to watch her deteriorate and I had a feeling the last time we saw her would indeed be the last time we saw her. I took a lot of photos of pictures in albums while we were home going through stuff. The “estate” isn’t quite settled yet. So I’ll take this time to remember mom. The only consolation I have is that everyone goes through it and somehow most of them figure out a way to cope. It’s getting easier, but I know I’ll never forget. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment