Sunday, February 7, 2021

52Frames_singlefocalpoint

Unfortunately it’s been snowing way too much around here. I am not a fan, having lived in the Midwest for thirty years. After being cooped up on the house for four days, we finally got out and drove in to the city. I wanted to find something that might be a good candidate for the 52Frames single focal point challenge, thinking the WWII Memorial might be a good place to start. Earlier in the week I tried taking a few images in the house and parking garage that might also work in case we couldn’t get out of the house - including a close up of my husband’s torn sock. We parked at the tidal basin and walked over to the Mall. I thought the gold stars at the WWII memorial turned out well, but my husband didn’t like it. We then walked over to the little pond on the way to the Lincoln Memorial, but turned back to walk up constitution Avenue. The barricade and fencing around the White House was clearly visible. Then we headed over to the Washington monument where the sun was hitting the top of it - casting a huge wide shadow. I usually don’t take photos in to the light, but this seemed interesting. After that we took a turn by the Tidal Basin and then a ride up towards the Capitol and our old neighborhood. I can see why the neighbors are so upset about the fortifications there. If I was still working at the Library of Congress, it is walled off by high fencing and barbed wire, along with guards with long rifles. It feels like the green zone and I a, happy that we moved ways almost two years ago. When we got home I thought the Washington monument image was the one for the challenge this week. But after looking at all the photos again, another one stuck out. It was a flock of geese that flew overhead. I could hear them but couldn’t see them and randomly took a few photos hoping I might catch something. So I put it through the editing process and turned up the blue sky. I don’t know if it qualifies for anything special, but it’s a lot different than what I usually do. Besides, I’ve already showcased the Washington monument twice in eleven entires and thought something different would be nice. I suppose that is the idea of the photo challenge - do things you may not have thought of doing before, and being less literal about the challenge. 









































No comments:

Post a Comment