Monday, February 8, 2021

Vietnam War Memorial

Before the inauguration we took a ride to the tidal basin to get some photos for the 52frames photo challenge. We ended up walking from the FDR Memorial to the Martin Luther King Memorial to the Korean War Memorial to the Lincoln Memorial - and finally to the Vietnam Memorial. We hadn’t walked that way for a very long time. Most of our morning walks were around the Capitol at the other end of the mall. We lived on Capitol Hill for thirteen years and I worked at the Library of Congress for ten years. I’m glad we aren’t there now because it’s like the green zone with barbed wire fencing around the perimeter. If I was still working at the library I would need to pass by armed guards with long rifles. My workplace was two blocks away from the house. Anyway, when we were taking the “tour” we were about the only people in sight. It’s unusual to get photos of a significant landmark with no one else in it. I’ve known and worked with several people who served in the Vietnam war. Luckily, my family was not affected. There are a lot of war memorials in DC. It’s a shame there are so many. 















No comments:

Post a Comment