Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Birthday

We just came back from a few days in Florida where I grew up. We moved there from New England when I was in second grade. I can't go back to work right after taking a trip, so I took today off. But another reason to be off today is because it is my birthday- another great excuse to stay away from work. Last evening, we went out for dinner with our friends, then someone knocked on the door later at night, and in walked our grandson and his mom with a birthday cake with candles burning. It was unexpected, but very pleasant indeed. Our grandson said he made the cake himself- all the more endearing. Today my husband and I went out for lunch in Arlington, did some errands, then picked up the greens for the Christmas decorations. So, I got a lot done today, and heard from all my favorite people. But I still have a lot more to do. Maybe I should take another day off?
I don't feel like a Grandma- but it sounds nice

No comments:

Post a Comment