Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Flu Shots and Honor Guard

We always HAD to get flu shots when I worked in health care. Now, it is an option. The annual flu clinic kicked off today at the Library. Based on customer feedback, it started with last names at the end of the alphabet this time. It is probably one of the more elegant environments to have a flu shot. The Madison Hall is right off the Independence Street main entrance in the Madison Building, right by the security check point. There, one stands in line until an employee emerges from behind one of the three screened off areas. Since it was the first day, the line was longer than typical, but did not take long at all. The whole thing reminds me of my clinical days. I handed out a lot of shots in my time...most often in the intensive care unit and in places not readily accessible. I've kept my license in the event I would ever have the inclination to do this type of work again. On the way out, I passed by the Marine Corps Honor Guard. The requirements to be in this elite group must be tall and really fit/skinny! I'm not sure why they were there, but it is interesting to come across these sights so unexpectedly. My arm was quite sore later on this afternoon, but well worth the pain if it keeps the flu at bay. And there is no escaping that wherever you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment