Friday, September 28, 2012

Mickey Bolek & Michael Anthony Salon

Since I can remember, my mom always took us kids to a real hair salon for a style and cut. I remember John to this day. The pixie was the cut of choice. And there was nothing more nerve wracking for me about moving to Capitol Hill from Milwaukee. I'm sure it sounds ridiculous, but I didn't think I would ever be able to replace the hairdresser I went to for almost thirty years. We went through a lot of things together. I was hoping to locate something close to home. I was lucky to get a tip about Mickey Bolek, and am happy to report that he not only replaced Nadeen, but it really is a very pleasant experience at Michael Anthony Salon. It is located on the second floor above the Capitol Hill Cleaners in the Eastern Market area on C Street. I always look forward to the visit. Everyone is so very nice and I schedule it to coincide with the start of my three day weekend. What better way to start a "vacation" than to be pampered and come out looking just "mahvelous." I'm not the only one who thinks so, because it is reinforced not only by the compliments I get from my husband, but routinely from perfect strangers. Thanks Mickey! Capitol Hill is so lucky to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment