Monday, August 26, 2013

Can I Borrow Your Cane?

Don't walk around without shoes...I've been told that for most of my life. In fact, I never wear open toed shoes any more. I'm too afraid I will run in to something. Well, I didn't have my shoes on last evening at home and of course one toe got caught on something.  That's why they call it an accident. But I did the same thing last year at about this time. Except it was at a friend's house while we were visiting in Milwaukee - in the middle of the night. I know the routine so well...get the ice on right away, put the foot up, tape the two toes together to immobilize, and take some aspirin. When I woke up this morning it was very difficult to walk, but I felt good enough otherwise to get to work. My husband drove me two blocks and I limped to my office. I called health services and they so kindly paid a visit, wrapped my foot with an ace, brought an ice bag, and fitted me with a cane. I didn't move all morning from my desk and left in the afternoon having completed a priority project. I know it's going to take awhile to heal - just in time for the long Labor Day weekend. Should I tell you about the finger that got smashed in the window four years ago? Or the hand in the snowblower that needed surgery, pins, and splints? 




No comments:

Post a Comment