Thursday, August 8, 2013

Seven Year Anniversary

It feels just like yesterday when I first applied for a long shot job at The Library of Congress. In order for us to move from Milwaukee to Washington I needed to work. What made it really appealing was that our tiny condo was just two blocks away. After applying online in November, I was called for a phone interview in February followed by a real interview in May over the Memorial Day weekend. I was offered the job in June, gave one month notice after thirty years in health care, and started my new career in August as a civil servant seven years ago. I took a month off in between jobs to sell the house and move permanently to DC. We had always visited this area for vacation, then to see family who had moved before us, and finally to become "locals." Some say if you visit a place that often it may become your retirement destination. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment