Tuesday, August 13, 2013

CPR and Skin Cancer

Working in health care for thirty years required a lot of certification renewals and proof of licensing. As a care giver, there were always required classes for life support and clinical updates. As an administrator, the types of classes turned to productivity management and cost containment. The Library of Congress always has interesting programs to attend - as an employee and as a visitor. It felt like I was back at the hospital this week with all the signs for CPR and skin cancer awareness. I'm just glad they weren't mandatory, and they sure bring back a lot of memories. It's been a long time since I was an actual caregiver. It was probably one if the most difficult, backbreaking, and rewarding jobs in my career. But I don't miss the mandatory classes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment